Our Lives Digitised
Focus issue 205 February 2018
Securing our digital future
By Mike Miller and Glenn Wightwick
Mike Miller and Glenn Wightwick explain how our digital future depends on preparing industry and society for change.
Data analytics and the robot uprising
By Mary-Anne Williams
As more of the world logs online, robots, in turn, become more sophisticated. Mary-Anne Williams explains how data influences robot systems and what still must be done for robots to prosper.
Safeguarding Australia in the Digital Age
By Jackie Craig
Digital technology is rapidly resulting in a wide range of threats that are difficult to detect, recognise and counter. Jackie Craig discusses this evolving threat landscape, the cyber and electronic warfare systems that will defeat attacks, and the developing ‘mind craft’ needed by those researching, planning and operating against such a backdrop.
What will a digital future mean for society?
By Göran Roos
The way value is created is experiencing a profound shift, fundamentally restructuring the economy.
Also in this issue:
- Six common threats to our privacy
- Energy Symposium: the NEM after the Finkel Review
- Taking STEM education to far-flung regions of Indonesia
- Nick Birbilis wins Batterham Medal
- Getting Australia tech ready
- Australia’s mining sector must step up
- Australia’s innovation lacks grit
- Agriculture is not the same as farming: RIRDC boss